Sunday, January 09, 2005

Looking for this

I've been looking for this quote for a little while:


-She didn’t break up with him for you. I guarantee it. She is a fully independent woman. She’s the real thing. Stop looking at her different than you did yesterday. The next thing that happens, you find a reason to be mad at her.
-You're wrong.
-Guys like you?
-Yeah?
-I'm one of them.


It's from the West Wing. It's a good show. We're watching it now, season 3, on dvd. When I first saw this episode I thought maybe I was a guy like that. I'm not. I think everybody's different, but we're different enough in a lot of ways that we're the same in some ways. That's why it's possible to talk about "guys like you" about "types of people." Sometimes all I want is a grand romantic gesture.

But don't try it. Cuz you're really going to get your feelings hurt if I don't want it from you.... Sorry.

-Tom

recommended downloads:
Pearl Jam: Courduroy, Down, and Hitchhiker

No comments: