Friday, December 03, 2004

So much

Ok, lots of stuff to write, I'm sure I'll forget stuff, maybe I'll remember later...I don't know...

Last night's holiday party. It was a good time. I wrote something down about how much I like alcohol, and if I find the notebook I wrote it in I'll post it here...

Today I woke up with a headache...not hungover, just a headache, and it's because I'm OUT OF PRACTICE. I haven't really been out drinking since Octoberfest, and before that I can't even remember. I had a great ride in on the T listening to some great toons (see: recommended downloads) got into work and that's when the real fun began.

Step One: break the ice with the cute girl by reciting a funny story about my dogs.
Last night (a little drunk) I let the dogs out into the yard (11:00PM or so) and I didn't realize the gate was open...and I went to bed.
Phone call at 12:45AM "Hi, this is the MBTA, we have your dogs at Sullivan Square Station."
Are you kidding me? two six-inch high, ten pound dogs made it from Malden/Oak Grove to Sullivan Square? Aparently a kindly bus driver picked them up on Ferry Street and gave them a ride to the end of her route, then called my house.
It was a funny story, but cg did not respond. I even showed cute pictures of the dogs...nothing doing. THEN overheard phone conversation cg:"I know this is way in advance, but I wanted to know how many guest rooms I could reserve...because I booked my wedding reception there..."
AHA! I've cracked the case. cg is engaged. So there ends that little escapade.

Second: Jonathan started the morning with Pink Floyd instead of Opie&Anthony today, bless him, and due to the psychedelic nature of the music I have transcended the normal office morning stuff. And also I may still be drunk from last night, I can't tell.

recommended downloads:
Sugarcult, Hate Every Beautiful Day, and Counting Stars
Pink Floyd, Time, and Comfortably Numb


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know i turnedd my head from your blog for like three days and what happens. A flood of new blogs. I have been slacking with my online life to pursue real life (and when i say real life i mean go to bars).

We were at this 40+ bar on Wednesday because my friend's mom was guest bartending, and we played Quizzo. and all the questions were young hip questions. and we only came in SECOND. that's when i realized that being 40 doesn't necessarily mean being completely out of touch with current music and/or online references (blog was definitely an answer to one of the questions). Of course, it doesn't hurt when they ask questions with answers like Barbara Streisand and Elton John, but in general, we really should have stolen that show. Anyway. sorry to hear CG is engaged. You will have to find another badly dressed girl to stalk. :)