Monday, November 15, 2004

Back story.
So When I first arrived here on the floor I was placed in an "office" with four other recent employees, really it was a big closet with some computer terminals. The placement was temporary, and soon we were re-assigned to "cube-ville" populated by three groups us (the good guys?) the cute-girl's group (cgg) and the PAs (who book trades)

Cute girl is diagonally across the aisle from me, the cubicles only have three walls, so no one's really closed in.

So, Day one, I realize I sit close to the cute girl (plus 1) but directly across from jonathan who listens to nothing but opie&anthony and laughs out loud at only the most obnoxious comments all day long (minus 1).

Day two I learn the cute girl's name: Meredith, which is a pretty nice name (plus 1), jonathan is still there (minus 1).

Day three the cute girl mentions her dog to a coworker, a lively conversation about pets ensues, I listen quietly(having no pets of my very own). However it is revealed through this conversation that cute girl's puppy does not belong soley to her, but rather the dog is owned by cute girl and her [dramamtic pause] boyfriend (who I'm sure doesn't treat her as well as she deserves). (minus 2).

Day four jonathan is out (plus 1) cute girl is looking at lingerie online (minus!). Still Day four, later on cute girl is talking (loudly, and animatedly) on the phone about her upcoming TRIP TO HAWAII! (minus minus minus) where she will probably be wearing the new lingerie for the live-in boyfriend. Argh.

Day five, cute girl still sits across the aisle (plus) jonathan is back(minus).

No comments: